Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Newest Quilt: Diagonal Madness

I started this quilt called, Diagonal Madness, which is a Kaffe Fassett design. Kaffe was actually inspired by seeing a Mary Mashuta quilt. It's 4-patches set on point with setting triangles and a 9-patch border. The quilt in the book is quite a bit larger than this one I am making. The following photos show my progress so far. But after sewing it all but the border, I found out that I made a goof! I didn't figure this size correctly and now my border won't fit. So with some help from my math-competent husband, I may be able to do add an inner border and more 9-patches to make it work...I hope. It sure will beat ripping out and since these rows are sewn on the diagonal, the ripping would be more of a nightmare! I think this is why I enjoy making applique quilts so much more!.
Blocks, setting triangles and 9-patch border laid out on my "design floor".
All sewn. Next step is adding the 9-patch border. Well, since the border doesn't fit properly because of my mistake, I will need an inner border first.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt. Not only are the colors so vivid and fun but the pattern is made up of easy blocks which makes it seem possible for even me to make. You did a great job, I love Kaffe and find his use of color so inspiring. Is his scrappy? Thanks for sharing.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...