Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sewing Supply Caddy


I designed and made this sewing caddy myself. I wanted something to carry supplies with me when I went to my applique and other quilting/knitting groups. I added an exterior pocket with an applique.


This is how it looks all opened up. I made 8 zippered pockets that I designed like those pencil pockets for notebooks. I used a mesh fabric instead of using plastic, so you can still see inside. I added beaded zipper pulls that I made too. The fabric pockets weren't as sturdy as those plastic pencil poickets though, so I sewed some snaps onto the pockets and snap them to hold them in place while it's being carried upright. I  also wanted to use fabric so that it would last, rather than using plastic gallon or quart size Ziplock bags, that would eventually get holes in them and need to be replaced.

Closer view of the pockets.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. this is genius, not only is it practical for any crafter but the colors are so fun. great job and great design
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...