Thursday, August 18, 2011

Magnolia Branches & Lil' Twister

Magnolia Branches. I fused the background fabrics to batting and quilted it all over. Then I fused the magnolia appliques on top and stitched them in place. Rather than bind the quilt, I decided to sew with a facing instead.

This is one of those Lil' Twister quilts. My friend Bobbie showed our small group how to use the Lil' Twister template. I made my own template from plastic and then made this small quilt to test out the technique. You can Google Lil' Twister and find several tutorials online. I am finishing another one that I will post soon.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. i love them both. i know the magnolia branches weren't simple to make but i love the simplicity of the image, it has the right amount of picture and open space. great job on the quilting.
    the little twister is so fun, i love quilts that can use up scraps.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little twister is like an eye spy! WHat fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...