Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Even More Fabric Scraps Bags

Here are the rest of my fabric scrap bags using scraps to make the outside of the bags and storing my fabrics inside the bags.
Purple Bag filled with purple fabric scraps.

Back side of the purple bag.

White and off-white bag. Looks elegant in all white and off-white like something for a wedding. I chose an elegant looking font for the label too.

Back of the white and off-white bag.

Pink bag.

Back of pink bag.

Since I was making scrap bags already, I made this one using all selvages. I chose mostly selvages with blue on them. Side one above.

Side 2 of the selvage bag.

I also have a lot of men's neckties leftover from a quilt challenge I participated in years ago where you had to make a quilt using men's neckties (I won too with the most votes, yippee). Some ties are all silk and others are polyester. Here is one side of the bag.

Here is the other side of the necktie bag.

I made another bag using neckties and this one is slightly taller than the one above.

The other side of the necktie bag from above.

"Family photo". Smile girls, you are all so colorful. Here is the whole family of fabric scrap bags that I made. Some are large and some smaller. If I would have planned this better, I would have made them all the same large size. As you can see the smallest bags are stuffed full. But using the fabrics I had on hand as the foundation fabric, I ended up with various sizes. It was fun to make the bags and now easy to use as whenever I need a certain color I can grab that colored bag. If you want to make your own bag, check out my tutorial. (P.S. I will be adding an updated way that I do the zipper in the next day or two)

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been working hard! I especially like the ones made with selvedges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scrap bags! I'm waiting to see your update on the zippers as zippers are NOT my strength! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bags!!! They are all so cheerful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just too cute for storing fabrics scraps in! Love the ones made with ties too! Thanks for sharing!
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great family photo Daryl. LOLLL I didn't realize they were all different sizes. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!! I am always trying to control my scrap beast. Really clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. -your scrapsbags are the most beautiful scrapbags in the world, I´m sure ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...