Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fabric Bowl

I used batik scraps wrapped around macrame cording to create this bowl.
I have made several fabric wrapped clothesline bowl and baskets before (search postings for others), but recently I acquired some macrame cording, so I thought I would try making a fabric wrapped bowl using the macrame cording. While the macrame cording is a bit softer and limper than the clothesline, it did work. In fact, after I made this bowl I played around with it and crimped the top edge with my hands like you would crimp the top of a pie crust. The crimping stays in place as long as I don't touch it.
Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. I've made a couple of these in the past too. Not as pretty as yours though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! These bowls are on my sewing/crafting bucket list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bowl is really fun! I've made these types of bowls before but it's been a whole buncha years now. I remember it as being a fun thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful creation! I love your bowl,I love the colors. Now I just want to make one like yours, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    i love the look i wonder if you added some starch if that would help to keep the shape in place because i like the look of the crimped top.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this bowl! I made something similar eons & eons ago, but I recall the instructions required a special cording that was very stiff & also expensive. I'll have to try your version.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bowl looks so nice with the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! how beautiful and I love the crimping around the bowl very lovely touch!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. So many colors. The wavy top. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. So many colors. The wavy top. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...