Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fabric Wrapped Bowl

I made a small bowl wrapping fabric strips around some macramé cording I had. This cording is thinner/narrower than the larger bowl I recently finished. I started with an oval shape, but I didn't really like how the shape turned out that much. Because the macramé cording is softer and limper than clothesline, I thought if I tried wetting the bowl first, I could then place a small glass vase I had inside it mold the fabric bowl around the glass vase. I let it dry for a few days and this is the result.  
Looking inside the bowl.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Turned out really nice Daryl. Love the cool colours especially in this heat. There's another method I've seen on the net where you wind your cord around an object and stick it with glue rather than sew it. Just a thought if you want an unusual shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how you did this, Daryl. Did you add some starch are some kind of stiffener while it was wet so that it would hold the shape after it was dry? Really pretty fabric colors on this bowl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...