Thursday, May 30, 2013

Another Small Savannah Bag

After seeing the Savannah bag that I made smaller for myself, my daughter wanted me to make her one too. She has always liked the messenger/lap top style bags for carrying round the things she needs. She wanted me to use this batik fabric with the palm trees that I had. Then I showed her some other batiks and hand dyed fabric that I had that I thought would work well with it and she was fine with those choices. So here it is: (this is a Chris W. Design design bag)
Patchouli Moon Studio
The front of the bag.
Patchouli Moon Studio
I used a hand dyed fabric for the lining that I dyed a couple of years ago.
Patchouli Moon Studio
Looking inside the bag there are 3 pockets.
Patchouli Moon Studio
Side view. Above the gusset pocket I added a hook for her to hook her keys to.
Patchouli Moon Studio
Zipper pull I made with beads and a charm that says it all. The green batik here looks like an Army green, which is not the true color.
Patchouli Moon Studio
I took some photos inside because you can see the green color how it really looks.
Patchouli Moon Studio
The green here is how it really looks.


Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. What a cute bag ! You're right the zipper pull says it all. Your hand dyed fabric is most impressive. I've never made any bags, but admire them. I'm waiting on fusible fleece to arrive so I can start the Tammy bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bag you made for your daughter.
    Bet she liked it!!
    Smart with key ring, and the closing of the front. I might copy that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fabric choices for the bag. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent job, great fabric colors and it looks so practical as well. i would love to try to make one some day. what makes your bags so special are all of your little details, even down to the personal charm you added.
    thanks for sharing
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. It`s fantastic.Your fabrics are just beautiful.Sure she will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bag!!!! Btw...I've been researching our families genealogy lately...and would you believe that YOU and I are "long lost sisters"....I'll take a bag in any color/fabric...your choice (I'm easy)....LOL. (if it worked for your daughter I thought it was worth a shot..haha).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Daryl! Cute zipper pull...I've been fiddling with making zipper pulls myself lately too....I saw some of those "made with love" zipper charms on ebay and was thinking of getting them....now that I saw how great they look on a pull, I might do just that! LOLL I also found some cute looking owls that will make a cute pull and have ordered those....LOL Amazing what you can find on ebay BUT Ohhhh what a TIME eater it is too!
    Christine
    ChrisW Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! i love your bag! your choice of colors and fabric is fantastic!
    love the cute zipper pull too!
    now, all i need is to catch a plane and "steal" it.. heheh..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bag and particularly the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, I love the colors. Thank you for the inspiration!!!!!
    Marisa from
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your bag. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...