Thursday, February 6, 2014

Knit Can Cozy

I knit a cover for a large can. I used a black worsted weight yarn along with a ladder or railroad track type of yarn held together.
I have made quilted can cozies before, but I wanted to knit one this time.
I used a black yarn and a rainbow colored ladder yarn held together. Up close this yarn looks more like charcoal, but it is really black.

I cut a hole in the plastic lid so that I could use it as a yarn holder to while I knit.
Put a ball or skein of yarn into the can...
...snap the lid in place and now the ball of yarn won't roll around the floor as I knit.
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Nice cover, and a brilliant idea. :-) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daryl, I love that you transformed your can cozy into a place for a ball of yarn. its very practical because you can take the lid off, you might want to add a thin slit in the lid so if you wanted you could take a project out while its still on the needles.. the yarn is very festive. great job
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your can, that's a good idea.
    Love the yarn! Thanks for sharing :)
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous upcycle and project. Your yarn combo is lovely. Knitting Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a good idea and the yarn is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha what a clever idea Daryl, I'm loving it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT idea and so, so cute!!!!! I've got to make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Countless people derive euphoric thrills from playing or watching the game of basketball. Regardless of your understanding of basketball, there is always room to gain more knowledge of the sport.
    www.electricbicycletechnologies.com |

    www.fcnbusiness.com |

    www.georgiagrouptours.com |

    www.greencostaricahomes.com |

    www.grobautomation.com |

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...