Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Strip-Easy Pieced Challenge: Scrappy Table Runner

The Strip-Easy Pieced Challenge is here and today I am linking up to Pieced Brain's linky. There will be lots of others linking up what they created too, so be sure to check out all of the blogs who linked up. Great way to get ideas for what to do with your scraps of fabrics.
I used mostly batik scrap strips I had in my scrap bag to create this table runner. See that one strip above that's pink and blue, I pieced it on the diagonal to make a long enough strip. I even used 2 different bias binding scraps I had leftover from other projects for the binding. Plus I also used scraps of batting that you cannot see, but I pieced those batting pieces together as well. So this is a true scrappy project, lol!!!
I used a couple of strips of fabric that I had created using stamps and stencils. The one with the bird stamp above.
Simple straight quilting in a variegated thread is what I used.
I  created this table runner just like the scrappy table runner tutorial pattern that I have for free on Craftsy. Click on the Scrappy Table Runner pattern on the side bar under my Craftsy patterns (scroll through until you see the table runner) to get to that free tutorial and you can download it from Craftsy for free. It's fast, fun and easy to make.
My hubbie wanted a table runner for the top of the computer table where our laptop, scanner and printer sit. Even though this runner is pretty covered up now, it does add a bit of color and protects the table too. He was pleased with it and so am I.
 Please go and check out the other participants in the Strip-Easy Quilt Challenge at Pieced Brain. I will link mine to her link party as soon as I can, so if you don't see mine linked yet it's because we all live in different time zones and I might still be snoozing here, lol!!!! Check back to the link party often so you can see all who do link up.
Sew Fresh Quilts
Also linking up to Let's Bee Social Wednesday Link Up
Pin It Now!

18 comments:

  1. I really like that Daryl. It is so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a color runner, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty and practical finish, Daryl! Looks like a really fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect scrap buster and very cool!! I love the rounded corners too! Yours came out great Daryl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the spirit! You just turned a blah area into a fun spot. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daryl, I love this simple pattern because of something you taught me. You have often used a pattern like this and then layered it with an applique. The batiks really pop, it looks great.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh your runner is so pretty Daryl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your batik fabric scraps. It is a very bright and colorful runner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fabrics, and great idea on the rounded corners. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of your scraps, all types of scraps. I really like that stamped fabric. Very clever. Thanks for the tutorial also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of scraps. Love the creativity of stamping fabric and it adds such personality to the fabric. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple and effective! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea and use of scraps

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cheerful scrappy table runner you created. It does add a great pop of color to your work area. Creative Scrappy Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  15. hopping over from the hop, Daryl you gave me a good idea, all the dust that collects around that stuff too, I need to make one and I have just the fabric for it. thanks chickee...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Daryl, WOW! loving all the bright colors on the table runner:) Lovely. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty and a great use of scaps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've only recently pieced batting scraps together and it's amazing how large a piece you can get from a few scraps. A great way to use up some of your fabric scraps, Daryl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...