Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mistake Rib Knit Scarf

I knit this scarf with a stitch called the mistake rib. I like how this stitch does lay flat and doesn't curl like the other knit 2-purl 2 rib scarf I made in black yarn recently that stilled curled even after blocking it. This is an easy stitch to knit. It's a multiple of 4+3. You just k2, p2 to the last 3 stitches and then knit 2, purl 1. Just repeat on every row and that's it. The scarf was knit extra wide and and the yarn is a sport weight so it took a long time to make because after hours of knitting, I only had knit about an inch or so. Not sure how many hours the entire scarf took, but I would knit 3-4 hours on it every night for a few weeks, while watching movies on dvd or Netflix.





Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Looks so warm and comfy! It is really snowing here so I could use something like that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful scarf Daryl! I finished one with a very thick wool, but I am not very pleased with it. I will post it one day... maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice and warm. I think I have that sort of stiches pattern some where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just downloaded the pattern for a mistake stitch scarf the other day. I think it looks very warm, a necessity for the frigid weather we're experiencing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Daryl, this is another fabulous scarf and I really like how you knotted/tied the last photo:) Every time I see your knitting project, I just wish I could knit:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks so warm and cozy. I could spend hours searching different shops for fabric with that to keep me warm LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...