Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Fairport Purse & Pouch

I tested a bag from a new designer, or at least Sara is new to me. The pattern is called the Fairport Purse and Pouch by Sara from Radiant Home Studio . She sells patterns and has a blog too. The Fairport Purse is larger and has grommets and a strap, whereas the pouch is a smaller version without grommets and you can add a wrist strap. I decided to make the larger of the two and then realized I didn't have grommets, so I made it into a large pouch, but didn't add the wrist strap in time. LOL!!! Still, it came out looking just fine and it's not so large that it really needs a strap anyhow. There are a lot of variations you can make to this bag, such as adding a shoulder or wrist strap or not, adding a pocket or not,adding a flap, etc. The yoke part on the bag would be a great place to add an applique or embroidery or patchwork. The pattern is written for a confident beginner, but those with more experience can add to this bag as it suits your needs or taste. You can purchase this or Sara's other patterns here. Without further ado here is my Fairport purse:
Here is my Fairport purse.
I added a divided pocket inside my purse. This pattern doesn't include pocket instructions, but it's easy to add a slip pocket if you want to.
This photo is the cover of Sara's pattern and show you the 2 bags in the 2 sizes. You can see here how it would look if you added a flap or either strap.
Pin It Now!

13 comments:

  1. Very springy, I haven't made a handbag or purse in a couple of years. This looks like a nice pattern, thanks or sharing. I just hopped over to her blog and took a look around, heading back over to snoop some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Daryl. How fun to be able to sew a purse for any outfit or occasion. Your addition of the slip pockets inside is perfect. Creative Purse Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute these are. I just love that tulip fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute these are. I just love that tulip fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Love the fabrics you chose for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shape! I haven't work with grommets. Nice use of them in the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your purse, nice fabrics!!!! Thank you for sharing :)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bag. The opening is big and easy to see inside. Nice colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your help and feedback Daryl! The fabric you chose is lovely for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Sara. You are a no-reply, did you know that? I couldn't email you directly from your comment.In fact your comment ended up in my SPAM box. Good thing I check my Spam often.

      Delete
  10. So pretty. I knew you'd come up with something special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how your purse turned out. The mix of fabric is gorgeous. I like it just like it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...