Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fabric Folder with Pigs Flying High

The annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is over for this year. The weather really was great this year too and the hot air balloons flew every day, other than a few special shapes that were too tall in the breeze to fly, but most inflated for the spectators to see. I didn't attend the fiesta this year, but watched on TV and saw the balloons fly by my home one day.

I did make something out of a pieced quilt block that I had for a few years. I was never quite sure what to do with this quilt block and since Balloon Fiesta was coming I decided to finally use this block to make a folder with the quilt block on the front. It came out cute and I used up some more of the never-ending piles of fabric scraps I have. I put this in a local consignment shop, but it didn't sell during Balloon Fiesta. Well my daughter loves pigs so if it doesn't sell perhaps she might want it? (*Update: This did sell a week after Balloon Fiesta.)
Three pigs flying high in a hot air balloon. I added some fabric strips to the quilt block to create the front of this fabric folder.
Inside the folder are 2 pockets to hold papers and I sewed a pen/pencil pocket too.
The back of the folder.
Here is the folder standing up and open so you can see the front and the back. I sewed some lace trim on the spine.
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. I guess pigs can fly. I love these folders, I've made a few and really enjoy them. your quilt block is a fun and your blue strips are like the sky.
    great job.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew creative and unique Daryl - as are all your wonderful creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you use on the inside so that it stands upright on its own like that? Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I've been wanting to make myself a fabric folder! I like what you did with yours... just wondering though - is it a pain to use; i.e., to slide papers in between fabric? If I make one, I think I might consider using waxcloth to counter that potential difficulty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling! I wonder if it would have sold better with a simple pad of paper inside. Then they could have seen what it was for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! You are obviously skilled with quilting! Thanks for sharing at the Talented Tuesday party :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...